you know, I love how easy I am to read. Because yes, i would kill shane. I’d set it in WoD universe and they’ve been living at the prison so happily and everything. Then Shane and Michonne get caught by the governor when he returns, and instead of Hershel, it’s Shane. could you imagine it? but could you imagine Daryl’s face? He’d break. He would actually literally break and he wouldn’t have even gotten the chance to say goodbye. He’d have never said how he really felt, Shane would just be watching him, their eyes meeting across the prison yard, through the fences and fuck you know Shane would have that shit eating grin on his face when the blade struck his neck.
And then there’s the battle over the prison, but Daryl…could you imagine Daryl? He’d be numb and Beth or whoever would have to drag him away, literally grab his hand and pull him to safety because he just doesn’t care anymore. He wouldn’t cry, he wouldn’t scream, he wouldn’t do anything. I think he would just survive like he knows. Not talking, not caring, not thinking about anything he does because it’s easier to just be numb and let it all happen around him. Because the second he thinks too hard, he’ll turn to ask Shane a question, or he’ll drop his guard and expect someone to be there to cover him, or he’ll roll over in the night and feel the lack of warmth pressed against him. If he thinks too much for even a second he’d remember Shane, and he doesn’t know if he could cope with the knowledge that he wasn’t there anymore.
- what was their first kiss like: Shane kissed Daryl hard in the middle of a fight, and ended up punched soon afterwards.
- where were they like their first time having sex: Daryl was inexperienced, Shane took control and the pair of them realised that Daryl really didn’t mind having someone else taking control and telling him what to do.
- who’s louder: Shane. He’s a talker, he likes talking dirty, coaxing Daryl through it all, telling him how hot he looks when he’s squirming and moaning beneath him. Daryl is more of a lip biter.
- who wakes up first: Daryl tries to get free, but Shane is easily awoken and wants some closeness before getting out of bed.
- who performs/receives oral more often: Shane takes control since Daryl is still very awkward and when it comes to taking the first step he really can’t get past that wall. Shane has no qualms with it.
- who tries new things more often: Everything is new to Daryl, and he finds it all very overwhelming in the best of ways. But I feel like Shane would be rather intrigued in trying new things and exploring new avenues.
- if they had to choose a third+ person to include who would they include: Rick most probably. I do like a good Sharickyl sandwich.
Oh shit son let me tell you about my babies!
- The umbrella, when it rains - they may not have an umbrella, but when caught in a rain storm Shane will lift his jacket above their heads to try and keep them somewhat dry. The first time he did it Daryl thought we was crazy, but Shane simply smiled and said it was an excuse to get him to walk closer.
- The popcorn at the cinema - Daryl does. He sits with it on his lap and Shane certainly doesn’t mind getting to lean over and have a rummage. Dirty git.
- The baby, when it cries - Daryl tries he really does, but sometimes he’s just not sure exactly what to do to help. Since Shane was around when Carl was born it means he knows some of the tricks to it all and teaches Daryl about taking the baby for a drive in the middle of the night when they won’t settle.
- The ice cream cone, when they share - Shane buys Daryl his first one for them to share. “Never had ice cream before? Well rule is you have to share.” “Bullshit.” “Maybe, but I paid for it.” And of course he gets to see Daryl take his first lick and see the way he’s not used to the cold or the sweetness.
- The remote, when they sit down to watch a movie - Daryl almost always manages to wrestle it out of Shane’s hand and get something on that’s not sports. Because dammit Shane, you watched the same teams play the same games last year, what could possible happen that would be interesting?
- The basket, when they go shopping - Daryl is not impressed with shopping but will dutifully hold the basket and look bored whilst Shane looks for the best offers. Seriously he doesn’t care what’s the best price, just buy the damned cereal and let’s get out of here!
- The door, on dates - Shane is polite, Daryl thinks he’s whipped.
- The other’s hand, most often - Shane will grab Daryl’s hand to tug him somewhere he wants to go, or to kiss the back of his hand to be annoying, or to make him blush or get him squirming. Because though Daryl may have issues with showing his affection, Shane does not and will happily drag Daryl closer all the time and want to be in his space.
- Their breath, upon seeing the other on their wedding day - I think if it ever happened, Daryl would probably get very teary eyed over it all. Because not only does he get to be with Shane forever, but someone in this world wants him. And that’s something he never thought would happen, ever.
- The camera, when they take pictures together - Shane is always trying to get a good picture for the background of his phone, but daryl will not stop being a grumpy puss. Not until Shane is tickling him, and getting him to laugh and smile and takes a picture when Daryl doesn’t notice. Of course then the war about trying to delete it occurs…
Shane and Rick are getting worried that Daryl is working himself far too hard lately. Fortunately they’ve thought of a way to keep him off his feet for a few days and ensure that he gets some rest.
Norman Reedus Entertainment Weekly photoshoot
the walking dead meme: nine characters [6/9] : Daryl Dixon